Thursday, August 03, 2006

On preparing to travel

Note to self: Whilst abroad, do not commit suicide when abseiling - there will be no recompense for either activity from my travel insurance.

Similarly, hangliding: I am only covered for 'incidents' during flights that I am a passenger. No piloting of anything airbourne, should I wish to be insured.

For archives, libraries and galleries, however, I will remain insured. Unless I have a sudden flare up of known medical conditions or require dental work that is not of an emergency nature.

Note to the publishers of travel books: Someone invent a service where one can select the places one needs to go and receive a compilation of chapters of recent information regarding those locations. At the moment, to be appropriately guided, I need a small red wagon to cart around a library of information. And if I'm going to do that I want leather binding.

Note to the Australian currency: I hate you.

No comments: