Friday, December 08, 2006

Archive Madness!

Yesterday and today have been spent in the archives of the Museum of Modern Art, nicely housed in their new building on 54th Street - the foyer is particularly cool, it has a ferrari mounted on the wall, and one end uses Warhol's cow wallpaper - most excellent. The archives were great, although tinged with the frustration of not having nearly enough time to look through stuff - unbelievable amounts of correspondence with artists about their work and about museum exhibitions and so on.

Yesterday I was so excited that after the Museum shut I went to the NY Public Library to continue looking things up (I resisted the temptation to request Vargas, Paul, 9 Lives for those that share that urge... ). It is the kind of library that if I wasn't already a big nerd, would convert me instantly. Who wouldn't want to sit around reading all day in such surrounds? They have a dedicated Art and Architecture research room that is very good.

Then I went and had pizza, really good pizza, which is always a thing of joy isn't it?

Today saw me ploughing through files at a rate of knots, all to aware that I only had today to do it *ever* - I got through most of what I wanted to, but I would have been happier with at least twice as long to do it in. Afterwards, I thought to myself that I couldn't very well leave New York without eating a pretzel - mmm salty goodness...

Now I am doing my laundry - Hurrah! Coffee-less trousers! Then I will go out in search of snacks. Tomorrow I fly to LA, Sunday I go to Vegas :)


Midtown

MoMA

Brancusi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it can not be confirmed but i think you may have captured an angle of moma that i didnt... but i will have to check my 537 shots before i crown you princess of moma ;)

Nerd_safari said...

why thank you, I will look forward to receiving confirmation... I can compare it with the other 150 or so