Friday, August 17, 2007

snicker.

There's something hilarious about the Government offering a critique of the Rock Eisteddfod. One of the most hilariously lame events to have taken the teenage world by storm and our government, being such upstanding defenders of free speech, criticises students for being political. Because Mr Bush will be in town. A bunch of students dancing might offend the President, and to do so during APEC, well, "it can be embarrassing for us as Australians". I've no doubt that Rock Eisteddfod could be embarrassing for us as Australians, based on some of my alma mater's extravaganzas, and if they did so actually during an APEC meeting it could forge whole new levels of national humiliation. But if the President of the United States chooses to watch a teenage dancing fair, then he gets what he deserves. And if he decides to assess the national position on the war in Iraq from a group of students dressed in lycra, well that's the kind of hilarious turn in international politics for which I long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

garbage bags. pac-man dancing. "slaaAAAAADE"

Nerd_safari said...

Just imagine what Gg Bush would have made of *that* particular dance extravaganza....

I kinda wish you hadn't reminded me of that when I'm in the middle of the NLA reading room (aka "The Facebook Room" going by the screens of the laptops around me).