Monday, November 13, 2006

blog by request...

... Just to prove the wonder that is this hip interactive groove-thang of the blogosphere, I'm responding near-instantly to a certain elegantly-worded request for images...



Newgrange, outside of Dublin



What's not to love?



Stop me if you've seen this before...



... the reson cliché is a French word?



My favourite sculpture at the Musee D'Orsay, Paris, I canna remember title nor artist, which gives you a bit of a project on the ole 'net doesn't it?




A detail of the painting that almost made me cry it was so beautiful - Cezanne still life.




Favourite sculpture at the Pompidou: Ingo Maurer's 'Tableaux Chinois' mixed media (including live fish)



Excellent juxtaposition at the Pompidou Centre between works by Hans Arp (left) and a video installation by Erwin Wurm.



Interior view, Picasso Museum



Musee du Quai Branly



View upon arrival at the Louvre.



Interior view, Pyramid, Louvre.



Winged Victory, Louvre



Cycladic Head, Louvre



I climbed 325 thigh-crushing steps for this view, so do pause and reflect. Durham Cathedral.

No comments: